I had made these cookies to bring into work for Christmas one year, because I was in a conversation with a colleague about loving peanut butter cookies. If Reece’s has taught us anything, it’s that peanut butter tastes even better with chocolate! Why not combine the two and make a cookie out of it?
Ingredients I used: (Note, I can’t remember exactly how much I used, nor would I have measured them out exactly. I have no patience for that!)
- 1.5 cups of flour. I use unbleached because of my allergy, however white flour ALWAYS tastes better
- 1.5 cups smooth peanut butter. for baking, use the crappy stuff and get the ones loaded with sugar. natural peanut butter doesn’t mold well.
- .5 cups of rich dark cocoa powder
- .5 cups brown or golden sugar. I like golden.
- .5 cups of granulated sugar. You can use less as the peanut butter is loaded with it.
- .5 cups butter. I like those individually packaged squares
- 1 XL egg
- 1 cap full of real vanilla extract
- .5 cups icing sugar
- pinch of baking soda
You’ll also need 2 bowls, and ready to get your hands oily!
First, mix 1 cup of peanut butter, and .5 cups of icing sugar together in one bowl.
Next, mix all of the other ingredients together in a separate bowl. The flour should be added last to make your life easier.
Scoop up about a golf ball size of each mixture, roll them into balls, and set aside.
Now the fun part. take one of the dark chocolate flour balls, flatten it, place it in the palm of your hand to cup it, add of the peanut butter balls in the middle, and wrap it up so that no peanut butter is showing. Imagine you are making a wonton. Same idea. (This is the same method of making Trini Roti!)
Arrange them on a tray, and bake at 200C if you have a gas oven, otherwise 190 if you have a warmer oven.
Set the timer for 10 mins, and they will be done!
Take ’em out, and serve with a nice glass of milk.
Ta da! There you have it — peanut butter wrapped in chocolate cookies! Now that I’m looking at these, I think I’ll make another batch soon! 🙂
One Comment Add yours
Oh wow they look heavenly ❤